Jason

Introductions!

Hello everyone in the Nimble Collective community!

We'd like to welcome you to the group... please introduce yourself briefly, and let us know why you're interested in Nimble Collective, what your background is, your favorite spiced latte, and anything else that is interesting!

Looking forward to connecting with you all. ?

To kick things off... I'll start with my own introduction!

Image result for jason schleifer

Hello everyone!

My name is Jason, I’m one of the co-founders of Nimble Collective and also head of CAST (Creator Artistic Success Team). We are the ones you talk to when you hit the little chat icon in the lower right corner of your browser.  We also work closely with the developers to make sure the tools and workflow on the platform achieve your artistic goals, create animated content on a daily basis, demo at trade shows and to customers, and spend lots of time thinking about the future of making cool animated films.

I’ve been in the animation industry for over 25 years as an animator, character td, mentor, instructor, manager, and even Head of Animation at Dreamworks on a few films. I’ve animated on characters ranging in styles from Gollum to King Julian - I love it all!

Happy to be here and looking forward to speaking with you all!

-Jason 

• Like 1

Hello! 

My name is Haley and I am also on the creator success team at Nimble Collective. My goal is to support artists and help them reach their creative goals! My area of expertise is in lighting, surfacing, compositing, and editing. I love creating animated content and telling stories through light and color. Here are some of the projects that I've worked on at Nimble Collective:

myWork.thumb.png.3b8ed226965fb29f98de2b0fc0115cb8.png

I'm looking forward to meeting you all, hearing your feedback on the platform, and seeing some of the amazing artwork that you're working on!

• Like 1

Hello! My name is Kathy, and I am part of the QA team here at Nimble. My job is to test and break the platform so that when it gets to you it behaves! I also wrote, directed, and storyboarded one of the pilot programs called Roadside Assistance. It's been in a few festivals around the world, and won best animated short at LA Femme 2017. Below is a little clip of the main character (animation courtesy of Michael Claus) for when the film played in my home town. 

Aside from QA I am also a CG generalist, and I dabble in modeling, set building, layout, animation, and lighting. Nothing like making a short film to increase your skillset! My hobbies include fantasy fiction, video games, martial arts, poi spinning, backpacking, biking, and hiking! 

I look forward to talking animation with all you great folks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My name is Barry and I'm a Nimble employee. I work on the website, social accounts, and write blog posts and marketing materials.

Outside of work I am a  father and husband, enjoy hiking and the outdoors, and play an excessive amount of video games.

I'm happy to meet you and look forward to seeing all the amazing work created on the platform. ?

Howdy! 
I'm JJ and I'm a fellow Nimbler.  My main focus is helping creators like you spend more time creating & less time messing with tech.
I also make art on the platform, and specialize in tablet & pen support specifically for 2D work.   My professional background is in 2D animation (Warner Bros. Feature Animation, Nickelodeon, MTV). I took some time off to stay home with kids & now I'm back in the animation universe and thrilled to see Nimble improve artist workflow across the whole industry.  

In my free time I'm a spouse, momma, and avid reader. I also LOVE to draw & try to do so every day! So excited to have a place where we can share our art, stories, and questions with other artists!

So please feel free to drop me an email with any questions, requests, suggestions, and your favorite color (because hey, why not?)

p.s. Pink!

First non-Nimble employee? 

I'm Charles, and I rig things and write lots of code and CG Sup sometimes.  I have some open source stuff: https://github.com/kattkieru  .  Oh, and I did the rigs for Sunny and Gerd, and some other things: https://zerply.com/kikiwunder  .

(Yes, I really do have to put up more videos. ^-^;)

Outside of work I hang out with my wife and daughter, write, sew, and nerd out about gameboy color toolchains.  So hello all!  

Just now, Charles Wardlaw said:

First non-Nimble employee? 

I'm Charles, and I rig things and write lots of code and CG Sup sometimes.  I have some open source stuff: https://github.com/kattkieru  .  Oh, and I did the rigs for Sunny and Gerd, and some other things: https://zerply.com/kikiwunder  .

(Yes, I really do have to put up more videos. ^-^;)

Outside of work I hang out with my wife and daughter, write, sew, and nerd out about gameboy color toolchains.  So hello all!  

Hey @Charles Wardlaw !!

Super glad to have you here, and can't wait to get your thoughts!

What's... a... gameboy color toolchain? is that some sort of blockchain thing?

Hey Everyone!
I'm a freelance Animator from Lake Mills, WI. I love what I do and being able to meet new people. I enjoy learning new things about animation and strive to keep getting better. Here's a link to some of my work.  

When I'm not working, I enjoy spending time with family and traveling. 

I've had the pleasure of working with a few of you wonderful people and I look forward to help building the Nimble community.

-Mack Bo Ross

Hey everyone! 

My name's Stephanos (I also go by Steve, but half of my friends call me Stephanos or some variation of it so I don't really feel attached to one or the other!) and I used Nimble for our Sheridan co-op production last summer as a CG generalist and loved it. I've always been more of a drawing type but decided to delve into CG animation this year and took it upon myself to learn the pipeline and produce my 4th year sheridan film in 3D, 

here's a sample render:
Arnold Test Shot from Stephanos Shino on Vimeo. 
and a compilation of personal work I've recently done:

fv48ngcidt8j.png

I'm all about learning new things and won't stop 'til my computer drops.
Thanks for checkin' me out, and looking forward to posting some more in the future!

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, I'm John and I'm a high school student interested in computer development and web design. I love everything CG and I love looking for new ways to solve old problems in simulation, lighting, and the web. You may have head of me as the creator of the CrowdMaster and ColorMaster projects (https://github.com/johnroper100/). Also, I'm a big theater buff and I love working as a tech director for plays and musicals. I'm interested in Nimble because I would love to be able to work fully while on the go. I'm looking forward to meeting more people in this community and learning a lot along the way!

Edited by John Roper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Nimblehood!

I'm Mark Therrell.
I looooove animation. (thats a 5-O love there.)

I Have built rigs, animation tools, and pipeline automation for film and games since 1996.
I fancy myself a descent  animator (if your going to make animation tools,  you should eat your own dogfood! (and hopefully the dogfood i make nowadays tastes almost like human food.)). 

I currently work for superevilmegacorp, cranking out heros and pipeline systems for the game Vainglory.
I know Maya really well and want to get to know Houdini better. I can make anything happen with Python and C++. 
I am good at doing what it takes to make stuff happen.

i also do crazy experimental stuff sometimes too, like this:

Let me know how i can help out!

• Like 1

Brad Clark,  solver of all things MotionBuilder, mocap and some rigging ? while running Rigging Dojo  I am a Coffee seeking Digital Mountain man and when I am not on a screen of some kind I am staying active with martial arts, running trails, getting my kids to their activities, cooking and making and drinking large amounts of good coffee in various ways!  
I have worked remotely for the last 14 years, glad to see we are at a point now Nimble can exist!

• Like 1

Hi there!

My name is Dave Murphy and I'm a Nimble employee and the newest member of the Customer Success team.  I'm still learning the ropes, but I look forward to helping folks create more of the amazing work that's already on display here.  My background is mainly working as a final layout artist on feature animated films, with some clothing and TD experience thrown in as well.  Prior to starting work at Nimble, I had the pleasure of doing layout on Coin Operated and shot setup and CFX on Disrupted.

Outside of work, I spend time with my wife and two boys.  I love cooking and like to try out new recipes on them whenever I can.  We recently moved from California to the Massachusetts, so I like to think of myself as Nimble's east coast support representative!  For any west coast and midwest folks, it also means I'm online and available to help in the early morning hours.  Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything!

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

-Dave

Howdy from PDX!

I'm Stephen Bailey and I just joined up. Loving the Nimble experience so far, and it's great to see so many familiar faces. I'm a lighting/compositing type person, currently teaching visual effects at The Art Institute of Portland and freelancing from home.

Beyond work, my world revolves around my lovely spouse and amazing daughter. We three are still settling into our new lives here on an island along the Columbia River, north of Portland, Oregon. Gardening, carpentry, lots of cooking, and raising a couple of young emus are among the highlights.

I look forward to working with friends old and new.

-sgb

Hey Nimble! My names Laura and I miss you guys. I animated with Nimble collective at CSU Summer Arts at Fresno State University. I am graduating from Chico State University in a week and I can't believe it! I am nervous to step into the industry, but also excited. I animate of course, but also love all sorts of fine art. Heres a recent piece. HI SCOTT!

20180510_201339.jpg

IMG_20180402_145422_418.jpg

• Like 2

Hi everyone

My name is Jarom Brand. I have been in the VFX industry for a little over 10 years. My main focus is rigging, character FX and writing tools, though I have worked doing modeling, animating, lighting and rendering, as well as motion graphics. I know just enough about compositing to get myself in trouble when talking about it. I currently live in Utah with my wife and kids and travel to LA for short contract jobs, so I'm excited about all that Nimble Collective has to offer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys!

I'm Luciano, I'm originary from Chile, but I'm currently living in London, UK. I've worked in the animation field for 10 years but for 9 years at a very very very small scale, freelancing and working for tiny studios. Last year started working on first movie.

you can see some work here: www.pintamonos.cl ,
my blog with stuff related to blender mainly but other varied things related to animation and general cg, and also now I have a guest writer that writes stuff related to lighting (he's very good, im going to have to up my game) >>> www.lollypopman.com
and  finally the stuff we do on tuesdays after animating all day, we just meetup go to a bar, and animate more: www.drunkanimators.tumblr.com

I started beta testing the platform here in europe today, I hope i can be of some help ?

Best,

Hey, I'm Andrei. I am in Brisbane, AU and have been a game developer for 30+ years. Currently Game Manager at Gameloft.

My skills and experience are eclectic having started as a Pixel Artist on the ZX Spectrum I have experience with art, code, animation and design on many games on many platforms even though normally I am officially in Producer type roles. I have also helped set up the Toon Boom pipeline/network for Studio Moshi in Melbourne.

I am very interested in Nimble from a technology perspective, tools, pipeline - all of it! 

Welcome @Andrei Nadin! Glad to have you here! 🙂

Awesome that you're in Brisbane - as soon as we're over in australia, it'd be great to get you on the platform!  In the meantime, I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on all things pipeline/toonboom/etc!

Woo!

-jason