Jason

[Harmony] Is there a way to name the inputs on a group?

Question

Heya!

I've got a template I created that allows for a simple aiming rig.. and I'd like to name the ports of the group to make it easier to understand what they do. Right now they're just labeled as "Transformation"

image.png

Does anyone know if it's possible to rename these?

thanks!

3 answers to this question

Had a quick poke around at this as I see your point but the node label is the type itself so assuming that your inputs there are connecting up to pegs, you'd have to create a custom peg with a new type of port with a custom name 😞 I think the node type is quite important as it you know that green is always a transform etc. not sure about this one perhaps it would be good if the ports could have optional tooltips or labels? Might be worth asking Toon Boom.

On 12/5/2018 at 4:51 AM, Andrei Nadin said:

Had a quick poke around at this as I see your point but the node label is the type itself so assuming that your inputs there are connecting up to pegs, you'd have to create a custom peg with a new type of port with a custom name 😞 I think the node type is quite important as it you know that green is always a transform etc. not sure about this one perhaps it would be good if the ports could have optional tooltips or labels? Might be worth asking Toon Boom.

oooo.. do you know how to create a custom peg?  I'd love to create custom nodes, just have no idea how to do it!

Hey @Jason sorry about the delay got busy 🙂

I had another poke around and I don't think it would work as the type would still be Transformation, Drawing etc. When you hover over the port it does show a tooltip indicating what node the port goes to. Kind of helpful.

https://learn.toonboom.com/modules/basic-effects2/topic/about-input-and-output-ports

Might be worth adding to your Feature Request that maybe clicking on the node cycles between the port type and the port destination? At least the colour would still show the type.